BlogDecision on magic mushrooms in two weeks

Azarius

• $

$ 0, -

$0.00

Decision on magic mushrooms in two weeks

24-08-2007 - 13 Comments

Dutch Minister of Public Health Ab Klink (CDA)will decide in two weeks on the legal status of psychoactive mushrooms. That he announced last Thursday.

Klink is considering a minimum age for those who buy them. Also the quantity of shops where mushrooms are available should be reduced. Tourists should be informed on the risks of mushroom (paddo) consumption.

According to GGD Amsterdam the quantity of so-called paddo-incidents has increased strongly over the last three years. But it seems this is only a problem in the city of Amsterdam. According to the national organisation for smartshops (VLOS) it has to do with the ever-growing flow of foreign visitors. They often spend not more than a weekend in the city, they are generally young and seek for a wild experience in the capital.

Minister Klink is considering under which law magic mushrooms should be regulated and whether a general ban is necessary.

ANP/Novum
VLOS

Comments

• MrGone 26-08-2007 21:43:01

I say, ban them from the shops and make them available ONLY over the internet. People will not buy them in an impuls, but will think twice before buying and consuming them. Information about these little wonders is widely available on the internet. I think they should concentrate the information, the selling of mushrooms and the sharing of experiences in a format LIKE Azarius. So people HAVE to go past the information that is handed to them.
    It's not like eating oranges you know... keep it magical.

• christos 27-08-2007 11:53:32

MrGone is right... we all know that even adults are not at all informed about hallucinogens and entheogens, not only children... PEOPLE MUST LEARN HOW TO USE THEM ...PEOPLE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS NOT ABOUT HAVING FUN , IT IS ABOUT EXPLORING THEIR INNER SELFS AND FACING THEIR FEARS ..THERE ARE ALOT OF DARK SIDES TO FACE UP ON YOUR OWN .. ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT HALLUCINATIONS AND SOME LAUGH KICKS .. ENTHEOGENS ARE NOT CIGARS NEITHER BEER .. THEY SHOULD BE USED WITH SERIOUSNESS AND LIABILITY .. WRONG INFORMATION AND SUCH A WIDE MARKETABILITY CANNOT PROVIDE THESE VALUES.. YES , A WEEKEND TRIP TO AMSTERDAM BY STUPID PEOPLE CANNOT FOR SURE PROVIDE SUCH VALUES AS MENTIONED ABOVE .. MAYBE THERE WILL BE ANOTHER STUPID JERK WHO WILL KILL A DOG , LIKE THE INCIDENT THAT HAPPENED A MONTH AGO , OR , I HOPE NOT , SOMETHING WORSE .. YES MRGONE IS RIGHT," ban them from the shops and make them available ONLY over the internet " ... nowdays everything is about fun ... it brings only sorrow to me ..

• paddo monster 27-08-2007 14:09:26

Don't sell to anyone already obviously under the influence of drugs or alcohol (responsible service).

And hand out a simple do's and don't's list with every sale in their language of choice.

• Foreigner 27-08-2007 17:12:00

If you ban them from the shops,I never have a chance to try them legal because it`s illegal in my country to use.So if I order them in internet and use it here it will be illegal.But I fully support you to ban shrooms from party users.

• mr.hat 28-08-2007 09:27:05

simply foolish. Age limit is all that is needed. The less banning the better. People should educate themselves.

• crusher 28-08-2007 12:49:52

Really stupid if they want to forbid mushrooms just cause some ppls dont inform themselves before eating them. Its like to forbid alcohol just cause some ppls get addicted by it or drink to much and get to hospital cause of that.

Age limit and good information when you buy em is all what is needed.

Sorry for my bad English but I guess you know what I mean.

• mauipaul 30-08-2007 09:05:08

lawful use for teenagers with parents to immunize the children from the crack speed and heroin addiction.

• justchillen.com/bb 30-08-2007 14:10:35

Interesting stuff here guys !!

I'm writing a magazine article about the news in the drug world -- herbal drugs, etc. etc. now getting a feel of things -- and I had no idea psilocybin caps were legal elsewhere in the world... as a U.S. -resident I shall only explore some of the other nootropics and Salvia and whatnot... but it's great to see how 'recovery' is taken care of with some After and post-tripping pills...

You can reach me at jimweeble@yahoo.com if you'd like to be interviewed and quoted... :^o

• JamesC 30-08-2007 15:23:33

Will spores be still available here to buy if they get totally banned?

• Tripsitter 30-08-2007 17:33:05

I think its important to inform people about the dangers of mushrooms and i think what paddo-monster said is a good idea (the do´s ant dont´s list), because without knowing what could happen it can be REALLY DANGEROUS, and age limitation is important too i think. And like most people above me i fully support the ban from party users!

• youngbutwise 30-08-2007 19:57:01

it would be ridiculus and a real shame is mushies are banned. it is up to the shop staff to give all needed information on tripping to tourists and beginners, though they should be sensible enough to learn about it themselves first. i myself am only young but i know a lot more about drugs than many adults do and condsider myself to be a responsible and experienced drug user. i can only hope that the CDA dont change the the legal status of shrooms. they can be used for fun purposes if used in a safe, calm enviroment with some good close friends. the people of amsterdam dont realise how lucky they are, mushies are totally illegal here in the uk!

• astro 06-09-2007 16:16:44

They should be sold on the vendor's discretion.

I mean face it, you can tell if someone is psychologically unstable after a few simple questions. I think it's down to the shop staff to
    inform those seeking mushrooms, to discern and to be able to say no to those they deem whackjobs. ;)

F** all these regulations, next up will be banning us from standing in fields and hugging trees..

Shroom season coming up ;) time to get my golf clubs out ;)

• OnnoKlink 11-09-2007 14:49:41

no, Ab Klink ain't family :P
    but im dutch.. from Maastricht!?
    when i go out MrGone 0_o

i might just buy shroomz (if i'd like to)
    when so, im 30 min away from them..

i'm thinkin of Resorts!! 8)
    like lil' states as Center Parks.. hehe
    commun all product movements under sight of the state, quality checked by.. i guess u know what i'm saying..
    Better stuff, less crime..
    Safe/safer products, the tax that is charged is there for earning back the so-long lost money-,where is that?,-

Are you at least 18 years old?

To visit our webshop you must confirm that you are at least 18 years old.